Preserve & Restore
Protects threatened wild animal species and their habitat, restores degraded ecosystems, and solves human-related conflicts
Wildlife Support for Survival
Wildlife Support for Survival (WSS) is a German non-profit entrepreneurial company with limited liability (gemeinnützige Unternehmengesellshaft, haftungsbeschränkt) established in January 2022
WSS's core mission is the conservation of threatened animal species, for which there has not been sufficient support to date, and to preserve and restore their original habitats. WSS is also committed to solve human-related conflicts.
We contribute even a little to conserve wildlife for future generations!! This is our mission, and we intend to accomplish it well...
What we do
Our objectives will be accomplished through
1 – Conservation Biology/Genetics
As team-members of WSS, we have extensive experience in wildlife biology and have worked on carnivores and ungulates from North-Africa and Europe over the last 20 years.
WSS is committed to scientific studies on the reasons for species decline and habitat degradation. Our investigations encompass the biology/ecology of the species or species communities using different methods and techniques.
- Camera-trapping and video observation
- Spatial use pattern analysis
- Implementation of measures controlling threats on wild animals
- Ecological surveys
- Populations viability analysis (PVA) for species management plans and monitoring
- DNA sampling for genetic studies to assess conservation status of species/sub-species/populations, the risk of extinction, substructuring level, inbreeding and retrace migrations between them
- Complete the deficient data for unknown/rare species
- Through its community-based conservation approach, WSS is committed to Provide capacity-building support to the regional anti-poaching relevant bodies to reinforce their technical and managerial skills in combating poaching through community engagement
- Establishing and maintaining Community-Based Anti-Poaching Network, regrouping the local informants and forest guardians, which principal mission will be to report poachers to local authorities
- Increase awareness about the conservation status of threatened species, the threats they face and methods to protect them among local stakeholders
- Habitat management
- Reforestation of degraded ecosystems
- Creation of green corridors/belts
Become an integral part of our mission and make an impact on our future on earth!
IBAN: DE32 2104 0010 0715 8538 00